Looking to increase website traffic?
By now you have great content and have optimized it to be found organically on search engines… Congrats!
But let’s not stop there. You can take advantage of many different platforms and tools to help your content gain more visibility. In this step, we are going to talk about how you can push out your content to your new potential customers. Below you will find different ideas on how to do just that.
Step 3 – Push
This is so obvious it may even seem silly to include it. However, we continuously see people missing opportunities in this area. So, we are going to highlight the main platforms and discuss some different ideas you can use on each of them. One important thing to note about using these social media platforms is that you don’t want to only post your blog posts or offers. This is a recipe for a board or annoyed audience that will eventually tune you out. Make sure you’re sharing other valuable content, being personable, and interacting with other people or brands in between self-promotion.
Let’s talk about a few of the top social platforms where you can easily share your content.
Many social platforms allow you to take a live video. This a great way to let people know about your new content. As of right now, social platforms are really pushing live videos for organic reach, so that means your video is likely to get much higher visibility then just posting a link. In your live video you would want to briefly discuss the topic, like a teaser, and then direct them to view more with a link to your webpage in the post description.
Some of the recommended platforms you can go live on: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
Running a Facebook ad is a great way to expand your reach and gain more visibility to a very targeted audience. One of the easiest ways to get started in this area is to create a Facebook post that links to your webpage, like mentioned above, and then “boost” your post. You will see an option to boost your post once it’s published. Just click on the blue Boost Post button.
There are more advanced ways to run Facebook ads, but if you’re just getting started and looking to expand your reach, then this is an easy way to get more exposure for your content.
Forums and Groups
Forums and groups are a great place to gain visibility. You will want to use groups and forums a little differently though. Basically, what you’re looking for are people asking the questions that your blog post can answer. So, while you’re searching through these forums and groups you want to find individuals whom you can help by sharing your blog post. If you just go into these groups and start posting links to your blog post, then you will come off spammy and no one will really trust what you have to say. It’s better to help than self-promote and people can tell the difference.
Engage in the conversation and offer helpful information in your response and then provide a link to your post, where they can learn more. You will want to be careful not to break the group or forum rules. Some will not allow you to post links to your blog posts.
Recommended places to find relevant groups: Facebook, LinkedIn, Industry Forums, Quora, Alignable.
Once you get familiar with how groups operate, try becoming a group admin yourself! A great resource to do this the right ways is the Social Boss herself, Caitlin Bacher.
Sending out email newsletters to your subscribers is a great way to keep in touch with your audience, and what better place to add a link to your latest content. In order to send out these newsletters, you’ll need a newsletter system that can allow people to subscribe to a list and also allow you to send them emails.
We recommend using MailChimp for this. It’s free up to 200 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month. They provide all the tools you’d need to collect subscribers on your website and send out newsletters.
More tools to push your content.
There are many tools to help with posting to social media, and getting your content shared.
Below are a few that we recommend.
- MailChimp– The perfect email Marketing system for beginners to advanced users with customizable templates and automation.
- Buffer– This social media scheduler allows you to connect your different social media accounts, and then queue up multiple posts to be automatically published to all your accounts, all from one app. This one is a big time saver. Plus, they give some basic stats to help you see what content is performing best.
- Sumo– Sumo offers many tools, but the one I want to talk about is their share buttons. Adding share buttons to your blog posts or lead pages allows your readers to share your content themselves or on their social accounts. Sumo is one of the leaders when it comes to these types of tools. Adding Sumo share buttons to your blog posts will surely help increase your post visibility.
- Pablo– Pablo, owned by Buffer, is a free image creator. It allows you to select from thousands of free stock photos and overlay and/or your logo. They even have image size selections for the different social media platforms. This is a great resource to create images that support your content.
- Canva– Similar to Pablo, but more robust. Canva allows you to create images for social media and also for your blog posts, YouTube clip art, Infographics, social banners, ads, etc. Here is a video that explains the difference between Pablo vs. Canva: https://youtu.be/1in8_MkDWYE
- The Pexels– This is simply a free stock photo site. They have a nice library of great images to choose from.
- Click To Tweet– Click To Tweet is a WordPress plugin that allows you to craft a tweet box and insert it into your blog post. As your audience is reading through your content, they are presented with an opportunity to share your web page on Twitter with a snippet of content that YOU created. All the reader has to do is click the “Tweet This” button and the tweet is sent through their own twitter account. This is a slick tool for increasing your web page visibility.